Karson Ka-Shun Wong is a UMass. Medical School Center for Mindfulness Qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher, offering 8-week MBSR programs and other mindfulness training courses in English and Cantonese for the general public, international school teachers and teenagers in Hong Kong. He has extensive mindfulness practice with the completion of multiple 10-day long vipassana meditation retreats and volunteered in leading breathing meditation courses for kids.
Karson is also a Mindful Performance Enhancement, Awareness & Knowledge (mPEAK) Coach-in-Training of UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness and a Mindful Eating Facilitator-in-Training of UMass. Medical School, Center for Mindfulness.
Having managed his own business and worked at HKUST Business School, CityU HK and NGOs, Karson is passionate about how mindfulness enhances and cultivates the well being and resilience of modern busy people and students living in the digital age and a multicultural setting. He runs www.MindfulOcean.com to provide his audience educational information and insights related to mindfulness and emotional intelligence. Karson holds a Bachelor degree in Social Sciences from City University of Hong Kong.
Mindfulness related qualification and training:
- Qualified MBSR Teacher, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Center for Mindfulness
- Mindful Eating Facilitator-in-Training, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Center for Mindfulness
- mPEAK Coach-in-Training, UC San Diego, Center for Mindfulness
- Mindful Awareness Practices, UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Mindfulness for Health, Breathworks UK & Mindfulness Center AB
- Vipassana Meditation Center Retreats
- Mental Health First Aid for Student Administrators Training, City University of Hong Kong
- American Mindfulness Research Association – Practice Professional Member
- International Positive Psychology Association – Member
- Association of Business Psychology UK – Practitioner Member